Harry Potter Travel Posters - Created by The Green Dragon Inn
These were totally on my pinterest board for I Ship It.
a beauxbatons student inspired by this post
I often think about how the war could have affected all of the characters, like
- Hermione keeping a nightlight next to her bed at night because the war has caused her to fear darkness and what lurks in the shadows.
- Narcissa clutching Lucius to her chest as he jerks awake after another dream about Azkaban.
- Draco tossing and turning restlessly in bed as he has vivid nightmares regarding his time spent serving the Dark Lord.
- Ginny sorting through her belongings as she prepares to move out of the Burrow and stumbles across an old present from Fred before breaking down and muffling her sobs with her pillow so her mum won’t hear and grow worried.
- Andromeda waking up in the middle of the night to murmur a reminder to Ted about what they have to do come morning before remembering that both her husband and daughter have long since passed.
- Harry growing paranoid that his scar will start burning and aching again, despite the fact that he knows full well Voldemort is dead, so he finds that on certain days, he has to pull himself away from the rest of society and hide away with his thoughts.
- Ron faltering in Auror training because every time he raises his wand, all he can remember are the faces and bodies of the dead family and friends he tripped over as he stumbled through the battleground back in May of 1998.
- Narcissa visiting her sister’s grave in secret and feeling waves of agony and anxiety wash over her every time she reads the freshly-engraved letters that spell out “Bellatrix Lestrange (nee Black).”
- Neville spending days in a quiet hospital room murmuring to his parents all about coming into his own brand of bravery and his struggles during his final year at Hogwarts and realizing full well that they’ll never truly hear him.
- Luna avoiding basements at all costs, as they remind her of her imprisonment, and making sure to keep her wand tucked underneath her pillow at all times…just in case another ambush takes her by surprise.
- George battling with the ever-present reminder that everywhere he looks, all he sees is Fred.
The list is never-ending and, quite obviously, fluctuates depending on how you view it, but…damn. I think about it a lot.
#1 this is just one of those gems that you maybe glossed over as a kid but now like oh my god harry you naughty boy w/ the sex dreams
#2 beginning of ootp big d taunts harry about his nightmares, which he was privy to bc harry talks excessively in his sleep
#3 wonder if any of the other boys were ever woken up by harry moaning her name in his sleep and like how awk would that be for dean or neville’s like yeah this isn’t going to end well and just thank fuck ron’s a heavy sleeper
the amount of thought and detail that went into these books continues to amaze me
for anyone that doesnt know, Patroclus was killed by Hector in the Iliad, and his body was retrieved from the enemy’s hands by Achilles at great personal risk. Patroclus’ death became the driving force for Hector to return to the battlefield and continue to fight Hector
So it’s 3AM and It’s just occurred to me that the most telling scene in the entire Harry Potter franchise is the scene following the announcement of the participants of the Triwizard tournament.
When Harry’s name is pulled out of the cup, literally one of the first things he is asked is “did you ask an older boy to put your name in the cup for you?" or something to that effect, insinuating that, that was something nobody prepared for and that it was something that totally would have worked if anyone had been smart enough to figure it out.
However, in an earlier scene a student is turned into a hundred year old man when they try to artificially age themselves with a potion and put their name into the cup. Meaning someone trying to dangerously age themselves with potion they aren’t familiar with was something the teachers genuinely considered to be more likely than someone asking for fucking help from another student.
In other words, the wizards in Harry Potter’s world are so reliant on magic that it doesn’t occur to anyone save for people like Harry that asking for help is even an option in a given situation. This explains why wizards are so fucking ass-backwards at everything, they’re so confident that their magic is capable of doing everything for them that it has never occurred to fucking anyone that perhaps asking for help from the muggle world might be of some use.
Think about it, the wizarding world hasn’t changed in hundreds of years while in that same space of time the muggle world has figured out fucking space travel. I know it’s a cliché to say to say someone could have fucking shot Voldemort, but seriously, somebody totally fucking could have, he killed like 50 people, he was effectively a terrorist, if anyone in the wizarding world bothered to ask for help from the muggles instead of just telling them there was an invisible asshole flying around shooting death curses at everyone, they may have been able to help.
Pretty much the only reason Voldermort thinks he’s better than muggles is because he’s able to kill them with impunity using magic, something he’s only able to do so easily because muggles don’t understand what magic is. Voldemort is basically like a fucking disease, he’s an invisible, lurking entity preying on mankind from the shadows like a cowardly piece of shit. You know what else did that? Smallpox and we stomped that to death the second we understood it. That’s the difference between muggles and wizards, when muggles don’t understand something, they figure it out.
And here’s the kicker, the only reason muggles don’t understand magic at all is because the wizarding world deliberately withholds information about it. However, even if the wizarding world kept doing that, it’d only be a matter of time until a muggle figured out what magic was and how to stop or harness it because that’s what humanity does, it pushes past what we think is impossible to see what’s on the other side. We didn’t understand the sun as a species originally and now we use it to power satellites and smartphones.
The wizarding world isn’t a realm of infinite possibilities, it’s a universe of strict limitations where boundaries are never questioned. The muggle world is where the real magic happens. That’s why during the course of the Harry Potter books, which are set between 1991 and 1998, the muggle world (our world) discovered dark matter, cloned a sheep and invented fucking MP3s while the wizarding world were literally paying some dipshit to figure out what the purpose of a rubber duck was.
Wow, I really shouldn’t think about this stuff when it’s like 3AM, it gets kind of dark.
Sometimes I think people forget Andromeda Tonks (née Black), middle sister of Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa Malfoy, who married muggle-born Ted Tonks, and raised quirky Hufflepuff Nymphadora Tonks, was a Slytherin.
i actually don’t know why it’s so popular in fanon that seeing james in the library was a miracle and completely unheard of
i mean he spent three years trying to accomplish some very dangerous and complex magic to help out a friend and succeeded when he was fifteen that sounds like it would warrant a trip or two to the library
Anonymous said: u should totally draw some poc!hermione bein cute man. like readin in her books or tryin 2 tame her wild hair or having to put up with ron and harry.
hermione bein cute and multitasking while she gets dressed or s/t woo